Bequette-Ribault House

351 St Marys Rd
Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670
Open Saturdays 12:00-5:00 seasonally by request

The Bequette-Ribault House, located across from Le Grand Champ or the “Big Field,” was built in 1808. It is a “poteaux-en-terre ”or “posts-in-the-earth” building, referencing its vertical logs built directly into the ground without a foundation. Ste. Genevieve is home to 3 out of 5 remaining such buildings. In one of its restored outbuildings, a Hospitality Center features a tasting bar offering tastings and purchase of Chaumette’s award-winning wines. The Bequette Ribault House was restored by Chaumette’s owners Hank and Jacque Johnson and is usually open for public tours on Saturdays, noon to 5pm, Memorial Day – October, and private tours on Saturdays can be arranged during winter months by calling 573-747-1000. For more info visit our web site: